May 7, 2005

The-Hold: Ryanne Hodson's "Twenty-eight Days"


Still from Ryanne Hodson's "Every 28 Days"

This is the poetry film - that's not a poetry film - that connected and brought me into the vlogosphere.

Why is seeing this particular thing important? Because it examines some universals. It is:

1. An experience simultaneously loved, feared and/or hated by everyone.
2. An experience of power, loss, the future.
3. A thing that makes nearly every man I've ever spoken to about it squirmy.
4. What replaces the age of hierarchy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know about squirmy,
but I've never been that close...

Faux Press said...

Well, you've got that to look forward to :)

Anonymous said...

Ha! Well, I've been close, but never in the bathroom...
this was great...
Now I'm recalling things...
hmmmm...